No photo shown in filewindow

Started by frlindla, July 31, 2019, 07:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frlindla

See my attachment. Why is no photo visible? This is a stack with cr2 and a jpg-file.

Mario

Please provide a minimum of details so we can help you.

1. Detailed description.
2. IMatch logfile log file
3. WIC Diagnostics of the CR2 file.

Just a screen shot of a thumbnail panel with an icon is not helpful.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

frlindla

Sorry :)

1) This happens when I press T (toggle). The raw-file is edited in DxO. A jpeg is then exported to the original folder. When I press T in Imatch, this happens (no photo visible).

2) and 3): see attachments.

Mario

So you are using version stacks.
Which file have you configured as the version proxy or visual proxy for the CR2? Does this proxy file show OK in IMatch?
Does the CR2 file show OK when you expand the stack?

Maybe just select the file and press Shift+Ctrl+F5 and do a forced rescan?
Probably the file was locked in DxO when IMatch tried to scan it and IMatch could not access it at that time?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

frlindla

Thank you Mario. I will try that when I get home. In the help-pages I found this about wic codecs:

Under some conditions an installed WIC codec may be able to extract an image, but that image is too small or 'does not look good'. IMatch will use that image anyway because it has no way to tell that the WIC codec delivered an image but it is not very good.

If you run into this situation, you can force IMatch to ignore installed WIC codecs and always use the photools.com RAW processing pipeline via Edit menu > Preferences > Application. Search for RAW on that page and set the option Prefer photools.com RAW processing to yes. Then force a rescan of the files with the 'bad' thumbnails/cache images by selecting them in a File Window and pressing Shift+Ctrl+F5. IMatch now ignores WIC codecs and always processes RAW files with internal routines.

Should I also try to change the preferences according to this?

Mario

No. As the WIC diagnosis shows, the default Windows codec for CR2 handles your files.
The icon is only shown (as in your case) if the file format is unknown or invalid or IMatch cannot extract a thumbnail/image for other reasons (damaged file, file locked by another application, WIC codec crashed ...).
Hence I would first try to force a rescan of the image showing only an icon (the proxy image you use for the CR2 or the CR2 itself).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

frlindla

I have tried a little bit now. The shift+ctrl+F5 works sometimes. I have a jpg as the visal proxy for the cr2-file. The times just a icon is visible in the file window, the photo is visible in the quick viewer.

When I export a jpg from DxO, do I have to update the relations or shall Imatch do that automatically? Perhaps I have to wait longer before the version stacks are visible in Imatch? Perhaps DxO must be closed down before Imatch can show the version stacks?

Often the cr2-file is visible in the filewindow but not the jpg (the visual proxy). Sometimes when I turn off the visual proxy (P), the cr2-file is visible again.

I am not sure where the problem is here....

frlindla

Several times I also see this:
- In the filewindow there is just an icon for the masterfile. The version-file is not visible there. I tried to toggle (T), but it doesn`t make the version visible
- In the version-panel both the master and the version is there, but just with an icon
- The photo is visible in the quick view- panel

frlindla

There was a filter on, sorry. Both the master and the version is visible in the file window now. When I tried ctrl+shift+f5 several times, the version (jpg)is visible in the filewindow but not the master....The master has just a icon.

Mario

In that case there is surely a problem report in the IMatch logfile log file
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

frlindla

There are no errors reported in the logfile. So where can there be something wrong. I have tested my Version-rules too, and they work...

Mario

If IMatch only displays an icon, it does not understand the file format. Or, for RAW, there is no matching WIC codec installed. IMatch logs this info the log file.

How did you check the log file for potential problems?

1. Switch IMatch to debug logging via Help menu > Support.
2. Rescan your file (the one only showing an icon) with Shift+Ctrl+F.
3. If it still shows an icon, ZIP and attach the IMatch log file (see log file).

If you are working with RAW files, also run a WIC Diagnostics and attach the result.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator