Copying files from local drive to network drive causes iMatch to hang

Started by jthorsson, August 03, 2019, 01:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jthorsson

Hi,

Since quite recently my iMatch hangs whenever I try to move files from my local (temporary working) drive to the (network) storage drive.  Only the first file in the queue is actually relocated.

Is anyone else having this problem?  I am using the latest version of iMatch.

J

jthorsson

Correction - apparently it is when I try to copy between folders on the network drive this happens.  Plenty of space there though.

Mario

IMatch delegates copying files to functions built into Windows itself. It just triggers them and then waits for Windows to tell IMatch "files copied/moved".

As always with such obscure problems, please at least include the IMatch log file (see log file) which may provide useful information like error messages or warnings reported.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jthorsson

Mario

This log file shows no information about IMatch moving or copying files...?
Make sure you run IMatch in debug logging mode (Help > Support > Debug logging) to log the maximum of data.

Maybe disable your virus checker and make sure that the SAMBA running on your NAS is up-to-date. Many problems come from old SAMBA versions on older NAS boxes when the network comes under stress...

I also see a warning:

Failed to calculate CRC for file E:\_Myndir\_Inn\New Folder-4 Teigsskógur\JTH_4234_er.dng

which probably means that a) IMatch was unable to open the file or b) the file was locked by some other application or c) the virus checker blocked IMatch from accessing the file.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jthorsson

Thank you Mario.

I restarted the computer - it had been running for some days and it seems to have fixed this for the moment.  Something I should have tried before posting here.