Headline (Multiple Entries)

Started by Darius1968, September 26, 2019, 08:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

Most of the time, my files would only have one entry for the headline, but in semi-rare cases, when someone has given me their file, which already has a headline, I may still, want to add my own.  For instance, I entered this into the headline for said file:  "Jury Photocall - The 69th Annual Cannes Film Festival;Boasting An Amazing Arch!", where I used the semicolon to designate the end of one entry and the start of the next.  The global value filter would still consider this file as having just one entry - "Jury Photocall - The 69th Annual Cannes Film Festival;Boasting An Amazing Arch!".  What do I do to make it consider it as having two separate entries like the following? 

"Jury Photocall - The 69th Annual Cannes Film Festival
Boasting An Amazing Arch!"

Mario

The XMP headline field (I assume you mean that) is a text field. It is not repeatable.
Whatever you enter becomes the 'value' of the headline. And when you sort, search or filter, this value will be used.

There is no logic in IMatch that allows you to somehow 'split' the value of a metadata tag into different 'sections' and then to filter by only one of these sections.
This would not only be complicated (both on the user interface side and the database side) but probably only ever needed by you and maybe a handful of other users.

Suggestions:

Consider using a separate metadata tag for your addition/notes.
Consider using a keyword hierarchy for your addition/notes.
Consider using IMatch Attributes to record your extra data.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook