Performence with a lot of photo ? compliance with standards

Started by julienhgr, September 26, 2019, 11:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

julienhgr

Hello,

I try Imatch. It seam  to be very powerful. But i read some comment that Imatch is slow with lot of photo and it doesn't compliance with standards.

I would like to use it to add keyword only (and search by keyword).
It's for university work. I would like to 'catalogue 30 000 photos of painting with 50 keyword by photo.

Could you tell me if i match is OK with that ? Is it compliance with keyword standards ? Is i have to use another software in 5 years for exemple i would like to use keyword standard.

Thank you so mutch !
Julien

sinus

IMatch with 30'000 is sure very quickly.
I have 10times so much, 300'000 documents (most images) and IMatch is still very quickly!

About keyword-standard I do not know, what you are mean. What standard?
IMatch is very strong with keywords-handling.

Maybe Mario does know more.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

QuoteBut i read some comment that Imatch is slow with lot of photo and it doesn't compliance with standards.

Very funny. Where did you read that? Do you have a link for me?

30,000 files is a tiny amount of images. Most users happily manage between 50,000 and 200,000 files with IMatch.
Pros and corporate/institutional users manage between 200,000 and 1 million files with IMatch. The largest database I know of manages 6 million files (!).

To which standards is IMatch not compliant?
Metadata? IMatch reads and writes metadata using the renowned ExifTool software. And ExifTool is the gold standard for metadata processing.
In addition, IMatch fully supports the rules and recommendations of the Metadata Working Group.
IMatch handles legacy IPTC, EXIF, GPS, XMP IPTC, IPTCExt, XMP, ID3, PDF, Office and many other metadata formats.

There is no keyword standard. Which standard do you mean?
IMatch supports legacy IPTC keywords, flat XMP keywords and hierarchical XMP keywords. This makes it compatible with about 99% of all applications used by the imaging industry these days.

Some companies / institutes / agencies come up with their own standards for filling in metadata and keywords.
This is easily handled in IMatch via the Universal Thesaurus and a mandatory controlled vocabulary for keywords.
Some companies have written custom apps (possible with IMatch) which validate metadata and keywords before publishing. Very easy to do, very helpful to enforce standards and compliance.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

julienhgr

Hello,

Thank you so much for your answer. I was worried but i am not anymore. I will buy it. I love the interface because  because i can make it like i want.

@Mario, can i sent you the link with comment i read by private message ?  how can i do that ?
Thank you so much.

Julien

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook