I have a data driven category Aspect Ratio with the following results:

Aspect Ratio (1/12611) {I have added the emphasis.}
  ---- 0 (36)
  ---- 1:1 (13)
  ---- 16:9 (4,745)
  ---- 3:2 (35)
  ---- 4:3 (7,781)
  ---- 5:4 (1)

What I don't understand is why one file is appearing at the top level rather than 0. That file does have an aspect ratio and the total number of files at the child level equals 36+13+4745+35+7781+1= 12,611 = the total number of files.

I have another data driven category that has the same effect i.e. a file is shown at the top level but is also included in one of the child categories.

thrinn

It looks like this specific file is assigned directly to the parent category. Please check if the Sealed property of your category is set to Yes. If not, you might have manually assigned the file to the Aspect ratio category. By accident, presumably.

Generally, data driven categories should be sealed to avoid confusion.

To answer your question about the file count: A file can be assigned to a (parent) category and, at the same time and in addition, to one or some of its child categories. So it is included in the count of the child categories and also counted as directly assigned to the parent category. In your case, the file is part of one of the data driven child categories and appears in its counter. But it is also counted on the level of the parent category if it directly assigned there.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

vbt

Quote from: thrinn on November 30, 2019, 10:54:47 PM
It looks like this specific file is assigned directly to the parent category. Please check if the Sealed property of your category is set to Yes. If not, you might have manually assigned the file to the Aspect ratio category. By accident, presumably.

Generally, data driven categories should be sealed to avoid confusion.

Yes that answers it. Thanks.

{I didn't think it could be that because I couldn't see "sealed" as an available property on data driven categories.

However I tried to reproduce the category from scratch and it worked correctly with no file at the top level. And I could reproduce the previous results by starting with a basic category with one file in it, then changing it to a data driven one. I could easily have done this because at the moment I am just playing around with data driven categories to get a better understanding of what they can do.

(Funnily enough the other category that had this behaviour was one based on gps latitude. When I start it with an existing file the behaviour is not what I saw, and very strange. However I am sure the results I am seeing would be a result of me changing an existing category into a data driven. Something I will now know not to do normally.)}