How to correct a Time Offset Adjustment on photos

Started by vbt, February 04, 2020, 10:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbt

I had the time incorrectly set on my camera.

The problem this has caused is a photo showing the time as "Today at 15:33:53+01:00" should simply show "Today at 15:33:53". In other words I simply wish to remove the +01:00 offset from these photos. However nothing I have tried (e.g. via Tools>Modify Date and Time... or simply trying to edit the various EXIF offset time fields) seems to work even on one photo.

What should I be doing?

Carlo Didier

The "+01:00" is only a time zone information. If you change the time zone to GMT/UTM, which is "+00:00", you should be good.

Mario

Some metadata tags have time zone information (legacy IPTC, XMP) some don't (EXIF).
IMatch displays XMP date and time, and these timestamps always include a time zone. If the time zone is different from your local time zone, IMatch has to display an time-zone offset of course.
If IMatch/ExifTool map from EXIF->XMP, the local time zone is assumed (unless you have configured a different time zone).
If the time-zone is wrong, change the time-zone in the MD panel to whatever matches your local time-zone offset.

QuoteHowever nothing I have tried (e.g. via Tools>Modify Date and Time... or simply trying to edit the various EXIF offset time fields) seems to work even on one photo.

This does not help much. Changing the EXIF date and time by one hour (to match it to your local time zone) in the Modify Tool or stripping the time-zone offset in the Metadata Panel should do it. Unless your local time zone is different from UTC by more than one hour. Then you need to adjust accordingly.

It always helps to provide a minimum of details when you report an issue. Like,

a) This is what I see in the MD Panel
b) This is the metadata my file contains (from ExifTool Command Processor)
c) This is what I have done in feature X ("Using the EXIF Modify Date and Time I changed the time from A to B)
d) This is what happened when I did that  ("Error Message", "Time changed to C instead o B")

We don't see what you see and "Did not work" is not a good problem description. The more details you provide, the better we can help.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook