"Entries in Queue" doesn't go to 0

Started by Carlo Didier, September 27, 2013, 11:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Didier

Is it normal that the number of "Entries in Queue" doesn't go to 0?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

No. This looks like the update queue was paused but later not continued.
Are you using the current build (116)? Because there was a glitch in an older version which may have caused this.

If you are using build 116 it would be helpful to know what you did with IMatch. Some operations pause the update queue in order to give the user interface a higher prio, and maybe under some conditions the pause state is not released.

Tip: When you close/re-open the database the update queue will finished whatever is stuck in the queue.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Carlo Didier

Quote from: Mario on September 27, 2013, 03:25:16 PM
No. This looks like the update queue was paused but later not continued.
Are you using the current build (116)? Because there was a glitch in an older version which may have caused this.

If you are using build 116 it would be helpful to know what you did with IMatch. Some operations pause the update queue in order to give the user interface a higher prio, and maybe under some conditions the pause state is not released.

Tip: When you close/re-open the database the update queue will finished whatever is stuck in the queue.

I'm running build 116 and I had imported ~3000 images before. I closed the database and re-opened it and it showed 141 entries and stayed there.
I'm now running a new import and will let it alone afterwards for some time to see what happens.

Carlo Didier

Ok. Imported another 4000+ images and left iMatch untouched afterwards for several hours. Still over 300 entries in queue (screenshot attached).
The zipped log file is still >3.5MB, so I can't post it here. I just started iMatch again for ~1 hour without doing anything to create a new log file and attached that one. The entries in the queue did not change. If you want the big log, I'll email it to you.

Mario

In the log file, the queue was processing file relations (as it looks) and 'releasing' the processed entries. This locks good in the log (no errors or so, processing as required but apparently the processed entries are not removed from the queue.

When you let the system run for a longer while, the log file should add more entries like

Engine.UPDQDelegate.RelMan: bool __thiscall CIMEngineUpdateQueue::ReleaseBatch

(You can search for that string in Notepad).

If more and more of these entries are added to the log, the queue is running (good) but not removing these entries (bug).
Can you check that, this would be a good hint.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

thrinn

I experience a similar behaviour, reported here:

Quote from: thrinn on September 27, 2013, 01:02:06 PM
after adding about 11000 files to a freshly created database, the "Entries in queue" count stopped at 126. I can not see any activity of IMatch for at least half an hour: No activity indicators in the status bar, nothing in Process Explorer or Ressource Monitor.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Carlo Didier

Ok. I've let iMatch idle for nearly 10 hours (and I haven't even touched the PC during all that time). Still 305 entries in queue.
Log is attached.

Carlo Didier

I just noticed something funny: Each time I close and re-open the database (without doing anything!), the count decreases by 5 ...