Option to constrain a Face Annotation to a square

Started by Tveloso, March 09, 2020, 03:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tveloso

When we re-size a Face Annotation, we can press the Shift Key to maintain the original aspect ratio of the Annotation Box while it is re-sized.  This is somewhat trivial, but it would be nice to also have the ability to constrain it to an exact square.

I had re-sized many of my Face Annotations in IMatch 2019 to closely enclose the face, which usually resulted in a Rectangle rather than a Square.  IMatch deals with that nicely in the People View (when the Layout is set to Faces only), but I would like to revert all annotations that are used as the Person Cover Image to be a square (and would like for IMatch to provide the ability to enforce that constraint when re-sizing an Annotation).

Another option for dealing with this would of course be to delete the Annotation, and re-create it...then hold Shift when re-sizing it (since new Face Annotations start out as squares).
--Tony

Mario

There is no technical need for face annotations to be square.
And the automatic face detection will almost never create square annotations, because faces usually are not square.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook