Options for Unknown Persons

Started by graham1, March 01, 2020, 05:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graham1

As pointed out elsewhere, 7,000 images may contain 20,000 face annotations.  Maybe there could be thousands of Unknown Persons if a large selection of images has been scanned.

I suggest, therefore, these two options, accessible from the Unknown Persons Panel:

1.  Option to convert all Unknown Persons to Ignored (assuming that retention of Ignored will help to prevent the Ignored person being found again as an Unknown Person in a future scan); and

2.  Option to delete all Unknown Person annotations (simply to clear out the Unknown Persons panel, for example if you know that there will be no need explicitly to Ignore them because you know they will not recur in the future).

Neither option would affect any known Person annotations, even in images within the Unknown Persons panel because there are both known and unknown persons in the same image.  Unknown Peron annotations are simply converted or deleted, as chosen.

One benefit of this would be to allow future scans of new files to create a new, clean Unknown Persons list. If a new scan produced another 100 unknown persons, I might be inclined to check through the new 100, but I would be unlikely to sift through 20,100 annotations if the Unknown Persons category simply continues to build up.  And if the conversion of Unknown Persons to Ignored helps to identify persons to ignore in later scans, so reducing the new 100 to maybe 50, so much the better.

Graham

axel.hennig

Mario

This should be covered by the new Ignore/Reject/Delete batch commands introduced in IMatch 2020.3.6.
See the release notes of that product for details.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

thrinn

Just one note: I find it astonishing how fast a brand-new feature like face recognition evolves even further!
Kudos, Mario!
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA