People automatic keywords

Started by ben, March 11, 2020, 03:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Hi Mario,

i am struggling with automatic keyword assignment during face recognition.

I have configured each "people" to assign a hierachical keyword like "mypersons|name".
Now, i found two scenarios when iMatch removes these keywords, but i don't want them to be removed.

1) One image, in which 2 persons are recognized by iMatch to "John".
- I confirm the first "John" as it is right -> iMatch adds the keyword
- I unconfirm the second "John" as it is wrong, by selecting "not this person"
- I end up with one John confirmed correctly, but no keyword

2) One image with several persons. I have previously added my keyword "John" manually.
- Face recognition recognized another (wrong) person as "John"
- I unconfirm the second "John" as it is wrong, by selecting "not this person"
- I end up with my previously set keyword removed

Would you have any advice?

Thanks for help
Ben

Mario

2 cannot be handled differently. There is no distinction between different types of keywords. Make your your automatic keywords and manual keywords don't overlap.

1 IMatch usually checks if a keyword assigned a person which is removed is also linked to the file by another person.
But if the same person is assigned to the file twice, and one of these persons is removed from the file, this 'protection' no longer works (same person).
You assign John to the image. Then you un-assign John by rejecting the second image. Since both are the same person internally, IMatch cannot know.
Not sure if this very special situation can be handled automatically.

I recall that the "multiple assignments of the same person to the same file" was treated special in order to handle another edge condition.

I recommend you open a bug report so I can look into this later.

In the mean time, just F2 > Select John for the first file to re-assign the keywords.
Or, first reject the second John and then confirm the first John.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook