Option to advance to next record in Person Editor

Started by Tveloso, March 11, 2020, 05:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tveloso

Mario, I know that you are extremely busy, and as you have said in other posts, Bug Reports must take priority...but I just wanted to put this out there for when things settle down a bit (and of course, if other users have any interest in it).

When in Person Editor, I would like to have the ability to advance to the next person without having to close the window, and select another person in the Person View.

Perhaps another button could be added next to the Cancel and Save buttons?...or maybe, the function of the Save button could be toggled between Save (and close), and Save and Next?...
--Tony

Mario

The Person Editor can also be opened from other contexts (e.g. the Viewer) where there is no "next" or "previous" person.

How often you to revisit or re-edit Persons? My assumption was that users create a person and then, in most cases, change it only rarely.
Why do you have to edit your persons so often to have a benefit from next/prev person buttons in the editor?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Tveloso

That's true...it's mostly a convenience, really only for the initial setup of the Person Records.

I'm currently cycling through all my person records, and populating the Keywords field.  After a while, I thought I really should have set a Sort By value as well, so I'll be needing to spin through them again to do that.  That's what made me think about this FR...
--Tony

plastikman

Quote from: Tveloso on March 11, 2020, 06:51:00 PM
That's true...it's mostly a convenience, really only for the initial setup of the Person Records.

I'm currently cycling through all my person records, and populating the Keywords field.  After a while, I thought I really should have set a Sort By value as well, so I'll be needing to spin through them again to do that.  That's what made me think about this FR...

Would be great to have a sort filter e.g., based on person with most face annotations since it will float the people on top with the most relevance to me. I already use the search box to filter out a group of family members.