adding folder to category

Started by franco, March 13, 2020, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franco

I would like to add folders with subfolders to a category without having to open the folder and mark the images individually

Mario

You cannot add folders to a category. Only files can be assigned to a category.

But you can dynamically add all files contained in a folder (optionally including sub-folders) using a the @RFolder[] category formula.

Right-click your category in the Category View and choose Edit Formula.
In the dialog, click on the "Folders" tab on the left and pick your folder. This produces a folder like

"@Folder[file://C:/images/beach/<DISK1.12345>]"

This category formula returns all files in the specified folder. To include also the files in the sub-folders of the folder, change @Folder to @RFolder at the beginning.
Click OK to save the formula in your category. You may also want to seal the category to avoid accidental manual assignments.

From now on, this category always reflects the content of this folder. When you add or remove files in the folder, the category updates automatically.

PS.: Don't post questions in the "Off Topic" board.
Read the board descriptions displayed under each board name and then pick the best board. If in doubt, post in General Discussion and Questions.

I have moved your post in the correct board this time.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook