Date format for events

Started by DigPeter, March 15, 2020, 09:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigPeter

This is probably covered somewhere in Help, but I cannot find it.

In general the date format for IMatch is set to ddmmyyy.  The icon for an event in the timeline shows the format as mmddyyy.  Is it possible to change it to ddmmyyy?

thrinn

You can choose which language settings are used by apps with the App Locale setting. You can find this in the preferences: Application > Settings > App Locale.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

DigPeter

Many thanks Thrinn.  That is really obscure!

Mario

Quote from: DigPeter on March 16, 2020, 07:32:08 PM
Many thanks Thrinn.  That is really obscure!

Not obscure. Flexible!
Unless you define an app locale, IMatch uses the same locale (language/country setting) for these apps as configured for the IMatch UI language.
This usually just works. Except when it does not. For reasons somewhere between the Chromium browser project and Windows...

Many users use IMatch with an English language setting but want a localized date format (e.g. for Germany).
Or they use a German Windows version with an english IMatch UI. Or they...
So I have added the app locale.
This is of course mentioned in the release notes or IMatch 2020, so you should know about that.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

DigPeter

Quote from: Mario on March 16, 2020, 07:36:32 PM
Not obscure. Flexible!
---
This is of course mentioned in the release notes or IMatch 2020, so you should know about that.
Written with tongue in cheek, I am sure.  I missed it in the release notes, therefore 'obscure' = difficult for me to find to find.  Now I know it is there, I stand in awe at the detail you have incorporated.