Reviewing trained faces

Started by Aubrey, March 26, 2020, 09:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

I'm using the new option "Reviewing Trained Faces"

I clicked on the face icon, then I removed a couple of faces that were not useful. Clicked OK and then found Save button is greyed out (dark green).

If I do something else on the page, e.g., click female and then back to male the Save button is available.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Aubrey.

thrinn

I don't think you have to Save in the Person Editor. If you remove (deselect) some trained faces in the Traines Faces popup windows and press OK, they are gone.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Aubrey

Thrinn,
you are correct. There is no need to "Save" when closing Person Editor after deselecting faces. now I understand.

Thank you,
Aubrey.

Mario

This is immediate. If you close the training dialog with OK, the changes are saved automatically.
Whether or not you make separate changes in the Person Editor itself.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

Mario,
Thank you. This is a very efficient way of changing trained faces. However, perhaps a further note to highlight this. In most pop-up windows one expects to make a "save".

Perhaps change the line in the help  (when one clicks on the "?) of person editor from:

"To 'untrain' a face, click on it in the list below."
to
"To 'untrain' a face, click on it in the list below, all changes will be immediately applied when you click OK"

Though this might be too much work as different languages have to be considered.

Mario

The trained faces dialog has an OK and Cancel button. I guess users understand that this works like any other dialog. Clicking OK means save/commit/confirm and cancel means cancel/abort/stop.
This is a learned concept, used by all Windows applications and IMatch.
Maybe I'll add a comment to the people help topic anyway.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook