Adding new files, what happens in IM5?

Started by Gerd, October 02, 2013, 08:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerd

Hi,

I just add round 10.000 files (mixed from all) to my database.

At first in starts with reading in files, that I understand and now they are in the database. After this follows Metadata read-in and update, that's ok.

But at the end "Adding and updating files" is running ... for what is that? I thought, the first two steps are enough.

Because it was not finished with adding the new files, now IM5 is busy with "Updating Index" ... Oh, that was quick done!

After loking to my read-in results I decided to add some categories and to give the new read-in-documents a blue dot. After clicking on Collections IM5 began "Loading ...", visible in the lower left corner, and came up with white screen and again "Loading ..." and white screen. At the end it has finished and I cut assign the blue dot without any problems. But now back to the Category-view and again ... "Loading ..." and white screen ... I don't count how often ... what is here going on and why is it so often. IM5 occupies 2,5 GB in the main-memory ...

I will cut-out the log-file from 22:00 till finishing what ever it is doing and I can use the category-view.... at moment I have to wait ... and crash! I will continue with a crash-post.
_______
Regards
Gerd

Mario

Please see my elaborate comments on your "crash post".

It's not needed to first make a post in the general forum, and then follow up with another post in the bug reports forum. Since you are describing a irregular behavior it's better to start always in the bug report forum. We can your posts out there easily if they are no bug.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook