Search based on Metadata Location/City - Location/Location - Location/Country

Started by PierreC, April 13, 2020, 03:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PierreC

Hello

Now that I have the map function  with Reverse Geo coding in place for most of my photos, I am looking how to search my database using those metadata fiels :
- Location/City
- Location/Location
- Location/Country

It is probably very basic, but I can't find it
NB : I know how to search by drawing a circle, ... on the map, but here I want to search based on text for the above fields.

Thanks

Pierre

desmooloch

Quote from: PierreC on April 13, 2020, 03:38:25 PM
Hello

Now that I have the map function  with Reverse Geo coding in place for most of my photos, I am looking how to search my database using those metadata fiels :
- Location/City
- Location/Location
- Location/Country

NB : I know how to search by drawing a circle, ... on the map, but here I want to search based on text for the above fields.

Thanks

Pierre

you can use IMatch example categories to filter / show by Location.

And you can also use the search window :) Just search for city, country etc...
Maybe you first have to enable "Location" (Lokation in german). Click at the grey X right from the search bar and tick location.

Best regards,
desmo

Jingo

certainly tons of ways to search the database for these images... you can also give my app: Fancy Search a go... you can search the DB and/or file window targeting specific fields in the system pretty quickly!  https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=9115.msg64180#msg64180

Mario

Quote from: PierreC on April 13, 2020, 03:38:25 PM
- Location/City
- Location/Location
- Location/Country

Usually no searching is needed.
IMatch automatically organizes your images based on their location inside the category named IMatch Standard Categories | Image | Location.

You can use the Find command in the Map Panel.

You can use the Metadata Value Filter and Metadata Search in the Filter Panel to search for country, city, location. Or any other metadata tag.

You can also use the Finding Files: The Search Bar in the File Window to search for metadata in the current scope.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

PierreC

Thanks all

I think I will go with the Search in the file widnows, selectng the "City, Country, ..." for the search which seems to ork great

I am still unclear on how to do it thru the Metadata Search :
I have the filter Panel open
I have selected all the panels within the filter panel..
So I go to the first Value Filter, and which value should I select in the list to search on the "Location Shown City" which is the metadata field in which the reverse geo coding puts the city name?

Thanks

jch2103

In the Filter Panel, using Value Filter, just select 'City' (near the top of the list; it's on the Standard tab if you've dived into the Tag Selector).
John