Versioning - How to remove Versions of a master-file

Started by HeinzFischer, May 08, 2020, 02:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeinzFischer

I searched for a solution of my problem but I couldn't find any appropiate possibility.
My problem is, that in the folder for the master-files there have been 14 pics and the folder for the versions contained 17 pics. The result is, that masters are accidentliy linked with the wrong versions.

So far it was a mistake of my own.

Now I'm looking for a possibility to remove all versions from the master-files, correct the the pics in the folder of the versions (the naming is wrong) and link masters and versions again, useing the right naming of every picture.

Does anybody know, how to remove versions from masters? (There is no manuel versioning. All versions have been built automatically).
Thanks in advance for any idea.     

sinus

Quote from: HeinzFischer on May 08, 2020, 02:00:13 PM
I searched for a solution of my problem but I couldn't find any appropiate possibility.
My problem is, that in the folder for the master-files there have been 14 pics and the folder for the versions contained 17 pics. The result is, that masters are accidentliy linked with the wrong versions.

So far it was a mistake of my own.

Now I'm looking for a possibility to remove all versions from the master-files, correct the the pics in the folder of the versions (the naming is wrong) and link masters and versions again, useing the right naming of every picture.

Does anybody know, how to remove versions from masters? (There is no manuel versioning. All versions have been built automatically).
Thanks in advance for any idea.     

I do not know.
But because there are only  few images, I would simply rename the masters to something completely others (the real name write somewhere or simply copy it into a metadata-field for reuse later).
Then the versons will go (not more versions) and you can do your renaming and then let again build the correct files.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

If you change the names of these files so they are no longer versions, they will be unlinked from the master when you refresh the relations.

1. Change the file names.
2. Select all files in that folder
3. Press <F4>,<R> or select Commands menu > Relations > Refresh Relations. This will re-apply the file relation rules. And if the renamed files no longer match as versions, they will be unlinked.

In many cases simply renaming the version file should also work.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

HeinzFischer

Thanks to all. Your suggestions work fine. Thank you for helping immediately.