Face annotation to keywords

Started by jcglez, July 27, 2020, 12:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcglez

Since two months ago, approximately, when I import files to Imatch that have face tags generated with Picasa, I can see this face information as face annotations on Imatch (also in the image info, under MWG regions and XMP IPTC Extensions there is information about the people that appear on the image), but Imatch doen't create automatically the @keyword for the people that appear on the image.

Seeking for information on this I read this article: https://www.photools.com/3612/google-picasa-face-tags-imatch/ It points to an option under "Metadata2/Annotations" preferences named "keywords base" that by default has assigned value: "WHO|person". These keywords are not present right now on my @keywords, but I can remember they were there before (when the import operation assign these keywords automatically to the images when importing into the database). I guess I have deleted them by error and this is the reason why the operation is no longer done, but even recreating them I can't came to succes. 

Please can you help me to fix this problem? Many thanks in advance.

Mario

The article you quote is for an older version of IMatch, which had no face detection integrated.
There was an option to create a keyword from the face 'tag' set in the Viewer (or imported from Picasa or otherwise).
I have updated the old KB article to contain with a hint that this text is for an older IMatch version.

IMatch 2020 has a very powerful integrated face detection and sophisticated tools for managing people. See People for all details.

IMatch no longer automatically produces keywords from the face tag. Instead it allows you to add any number of keywords (and categories) to a person.
If you add the keywords "Persons|Milla" and "Hair Color|Blonde" and "Gender|Female" to the person with the tag "Milla", IMatch automatically adds these keywords to each file having a confirmed face for Milla.
This is also the case when the face is imported from XMP (Picasa, Lr).

If IMatch imports face data from XMP and no person with the same label exists, the person is automatically created, without keywords.
You can open a person in the Person Editor and add all the keywords you want. IMatch then adds these keywords to all files with that person.

See Person Keywords and Categories
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

mastodon

:) I had this problem, too. Did read the manual.
You have to set a Keyword in the Person editor (with show deatails ON).

jcglez

Thank you very much for your answers!!