Timeline, sort order

Started by Gerd, October 11, 2013, 10:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerd

Hi,
in Timeline-View the sort order for the date-areas are allways top-down from old to new, but the sort order from the pics are dependent from the selected sort.

If you select "Reverse the sort order", then you have e.g. the oldest date at the beginning, but it beginns then with the newest picture.

If you have switched off "Show Hierarchy" and youlook for the pics of a whole year, it begins with the newest pics down to the oldest pics. If you now switch on "Show Hierarchy" and you continue scroll down, then only in this day you go to older pics, but the following day is the next one, the newer one ...

This sorting seems a little bit strange to me. I expected, that also month and date are beeing sorted from newer to older ...

Is this a bug or a feature ???;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
_______
Regards
Gerd

Mario

The file window sort order is independent from the sort order you choose for the Media & Folders tree, the Category tree, or the time line. This behavior is by design. If you construct a sort order in the file window which is reverse to the time line and you disable the show hierarchy you are basically shooting in your own foot. Don't make things too complex. Keep it simple.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook