IMatch Operating System Usage

Started by Mario, October 23, 2020, 07:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

For all who allow IMatch to store telemetry data: THANK YOU
Only I ever see this data, and I delete it every couple of months after pulling out the statistics I need. I do not sell it or give it away.

I'm currently looking into some new technologies which will allow me to bring you some really useful features.
These technologies are only available on Windows 10 and using them would make IMatch Windows 10 only.
I'm still putting in some extra effort to keep IMatch compatible with Windows 7 and later, currently...

I've made a quick check against telemetry data, to see how many users are still using IMatch on Windows 7 or Windows 8.
This is the result:

I think it would be OK to make IMatch 2021 require Windows 10.
This would allow me to use new technologies becoming available in Windows 10, without spending time to implement replacements or "Not available on your operating system" thingies for Windows 7 / Windows 8 users.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

It would certainly be OK with me, but you know what to expect from the one percent of older OS holdouts.
John

Jingo

Makes sense to me... and those that want to continue using non-supported OS's can stay at that release or upgrade their system.

mastodon

Win10 is 5 years old now, so one can expect to use it. Although Win7 was great, Win10 is much better under the hood.

Carlo Didier

Any computer with an OS older than W10 should not be connected to any network anyway  ;)