Google API key

Started by rienvanham, April 10, 2021, 10:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rienvanham

Hi Mario,

Is there a (simple) step-by-step instruction available to get a Google API-key and use it? I got totally lost in "restricting API-keys", "Application restrictions" etc. I gave it a try but iMatch gives a "Something went wrong" error.
Bing-key gave no problem and works fine. But the maps are very old. I live here for ten(!) years and on the map it is still a meadow so I would like to see the much newer Google-maps.

Thanks in advance,
Rien.

Mario

The Google user interface is not designed for mere mortals but for Admins and developers. They also change how this works often...

When I recall correctly,

you first create a project with a name of your choice
Then you click (at the top) on enable APIs and Services and then add the 3 APIs mentioned in the API Keys Explained article in the IMatch knowledge base:

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

rienvanham

Hi Mario,

And again many thanks! I got it working.

Cheers,
Rien van Ham

Rene Toepfer

For remaining users:
Please make sure that you have an accounting for your project. This was the reason why it has not worked in my case. As soon as I added an accounting everything worked properly. Sometimes it needs a few minutes that the key gets updated within Google Service.

The Google API key can also be used for IMA.