How to display files in the file counter

Started by neal, June 02, 2021, 02:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

Please see the attachment. The left number shows the number of files in the subfolders. The right number shows the total number in the main folder. How can I display the files that are not in any subfolder?

Mario

QuoteHow can I display the files that are not in any subfolder?
What does that mean? Please be more elaborate. What may be clear to you in your situation may be just puzzling for us.
Like, explain what you want to achieve.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

voronwe

Quote from: neal on June 02, 2021, 02:30:51 PM
Please see the attachment. The left number shows the number of files in the subfolders. The right number shows the total number in the main folder. How can I display the files that are not in any subfolder?

As far as I understand the left number shows the Files in the Main-Folder and the right one the the total number including all subfolders

Main (6/8)
   Sub (2)

So that means the Main-Foder contains 6 files directly and a subfolder with 2 files

neal

I want to display ONLY the files that are NOT in any sub folder. This will enable me to know which files still need to be moved to a sub folder.

Mario

Disable he hierarchical display mode (File Window toolbar). Then you see only the files contained in the selected folder, but not files in sub-folders.

That said, unless you have disabled it, the File Window automatically groups files in sub-folders, so you can always tell which files are in the selected folder (in the tree) and which files are in sub-folders. You can then drag & drop files directly between the folder and sub-folders.

If IMatch shows all files in a big heap, you have disabled the option to group by folder. Just enable it again.

If all this means nothing to you, see The Hierarchical Display Mode (Displaying files in sub-folders, child categories etc.).

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

neal