Files offline

Started by Tryinghard, August 07, 2021, 06:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tryinghard

HI,
I am having problem with varios folders showing "This file is off line."
Is presume the problem is occurring  because I am adding fuirther images to existing named folders which I have on the same subject. I assume Relocate is the answer but I am not sure how to move on from there.

I was going to say I am a newbie, but I thnk a more appropriate title would be Pensioner.

Thanks Tom R

JohnZeman

Welcome to IMatch Tom.

This happens after you have added a file (image) to your IMatch database and then moved or renamed it using a different program.

If you moved it with another program then you can use the Relocate command so IMatch knows where you put it.

If you renamed it with another program then you probably have the same image appearing twice in your IMatch database, once with the old name (offline) and once with the new name.  To remove from the old original (no longer there) file from your database select the folder it was in and press SHIFT+F5 to rescan that folder.

To prevent this from happening in the future once you have added an image to your database you should ALWAYS use IMatch to do it whenever the image needs to be moved or renamed and not any other program.

Mario

Precisely  :)

See also Off-line Folders and Files

Always use the tools and features in IMatch to move, copy, rename and delete files. Only then IMatch can keep track and update the database.
If you move or rename files or folders outside of IMatch, you just generate additional work for you.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook