Purge cache command, where is it

Started by Stefanjan, August 26, 2021, 07:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefanjan

I have searched but cannot find the purge cache command while Media & Folders is open

"The Cache command available in the Media & Folders view allows you to do exactly that. You can purge the cache for a folder, media or even an entire disk. You can also force IMatch to create or re-create cache images for the selected folder, media or disk."

Without optical lens correction my TZ200 is very distorted at the 9mm (equivalent) end. Images display fine in IMatch browser view using the embedded jpeg but in Viewer are distorted and very flat.

I believe the embedded jpeg is 1920 so have changed cache minimal size from 2000 to 1920 as I would like the embedded jpeg to display in the viewer.

Mario

Right-click a folder, then select Cache... from the context menu.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Stefanjan

Stefanjan

Maybe consider changing default to 1920 rather than 2000 as 1920 seems to be a common jpeg size.

Also perhaps mention in the help where to find the command.

Have amended preferences on both computers and rebuilt cache and now perfect.

thrinn

In fact, it is already described in the help: Size of the Cache Images.

I doubt that there is such thing like a "common jpeg size". 1920 might be useful if you have a Full HD monitor. But not for a Ultra HD monitor (which are getting increasingly common...).
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

The size of 2000, and not 1920, has been chosen for good reasons.
Several years ago, and after discussing this here and with the local user groups.
I'm to lazy to search the release notes for this.

A 1920 pixel preview does not do much good, unless you have a small notebook screen. Using 2,000 as a minimum forces IMatch to use the full RAW, which is is the better option if only a small preview is embedded.
RAW files not using 100% previews are usually old and then it is better to let the WIC codec or LibRaw develop an image with a size suitable for full-screen rendering.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook