GPS - POI Info

Started by hannes_hab, September 13, 2021, 04:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hannes_hab

Concerning speed - I bought an (not too expensive) external SSD - its better than the NAS but with about 10 to 15 seconds still slow compared tomy (too small for much DATA) internal SSD (about 2 seconds) ...

Concerning copy to NAS - which is the best way (tool within IMATCH) to synchronize disk with NAS - to keep everything consistent I think I have to do it also with IMATCH

Mario

What do you want to synchronize? To you move/copy files from the NAS to the SSD and back?
You can move the files with IMatch to make sure that IMatch knows that a file on the SSD is now on the NAS.
Or you move folder-wise with some external tool like RoboCopy or whatever and then relocate the folder in IMatch afterwards so IMatch knows that the folder is no somewhere else.
See Off-line Folders and Files

Keep in mind that workflows which involve duplicating files, moving stuff around are prone to mistakes and problems.
It is usually much better to finish the files on your local system before moving them to the NAS for long-term archivial.

If you need to work on a backlog, I would move a folder from the NAS to the SSD in IMatch, process it, move it back.
This seems to be the most workable workflow. Make sure you have backups of the files on the NAS etc.

A safer approach would be to copy a folder from the NAS to the SSD and then relocate in IMatch (from the NAS to the SSD).
Now process the metadata in IMatch and when done, copy the files back to the NAS. Relocate again in IMatch (from the SSD to the NAS).
This way you keep a copy of the files on the NAS while processing them in IMatch. Always good to have a copy.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook