Custom File Window only showing file name after upgrading to latest IMatch vers

Started by lightchaser, October 30, 2021, 04:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightchaser

After upgrading I only get the file names shown in the thumbs in File Window? How can I quickly get the old settings?
The most of my very big Category collection is also gone. Can live with it, only a part of it would be of great interest for me ...
Franz

Mario

Which layout do you use?
What are the settings for the layout ? See:

Choosing a Layout
The Simple Layout Editor
The Full Layout Editor

What do you mean by Category collection? Categories or collections? Please provide more details.

Neither categories nor collections can get lost when you upgrade IMatch.
No other user reported anything similar, and IMatch 2021 is out for about two months now...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

lightchaser

Thank you, Mario. Actually my handmade layouts are gone, but I found that the layout "image info" works for me.
As for the missing categories: probably my categories were too large. Have had huge categories (over about 15 years) for image delivery to picture agencies with subcategories for each single delivery. Then a big myfamily category and in addition a dynamic category for my keywords.
I'm not really sure if this category breakdown happened during the upgrade or prior to this, because there are still some entries in the myfamily category.
Franz

Mario

There is no limit for the number of categories (within sensible values like < 100,000) and there is no limit for how many files categories can contain.
Just restore the latest database backup to get the categories back. IMatch itself will never remove categories, unless there is a database corrupted, but then you will see many error messages.

File Window layouts are stored inside the The IMatch Settings Database and are user-specific.
Do you have moved to a new computer or changed your Windows user name?
That's the only way I see that a FW layout could get lost.
If there is a problem with your layout, the IMatch log file (see log file) should contain error messages and warnings.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook