Photools <-> Simple Machines Forum

Started by Darius1968, December 24, 2021, 11:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

This, not at all relevant to the use of IMatch, in the slightest: 
But, it's about this forum's color scheme.  I prefer a more 'dark' theme, as it is easier on my eyes.  I've tried various browser addons that do go a long way in achieving a more 'dark' theme. 
But, still.  Those addons, unfortunately, still leave pure whit space-cushions around the table boarders, and the like.  Which is still harsh on the eyes in the dark. 
Is there any way to fully change the theme of this user forum to completely eliminate large sections of white? 

sinus

Of course you tried also the google -designs!?

I have not used them, just in case you have not seen this, but I guess, you did already.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

There no themes to chose from. I prefer to keep things simple and stick to the default theme.

Additional themes developed by SMF users frequently cause site damage when they break after an update is installed. Or just become incompatible because the person who has created the theme no longer maintains it.
Themes often change more than just CSS, they hook into the actual code running SMF, causing problems and maybe even create security risks.
I also stay away from all SMF adds-ons. I used one once. And now I still have to live with the remains of the defunct "Likes" add-on, which went out of maintenance and the next SMF update broke it.

SMF 2.1 is scheduled to be out within a couple of months. Maybe they include a simple theme changer or a default (and maintained!) dark theme.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook