Question: Next File -> shortcut

Started by Menace, January 03, 2022, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menace

Hi Mario,

I have a Question for my workflow.

My workflow:
1. I have my keywords as favorite.
2. I want to tap a shortcut to going from picture to picture (Picture 1, klick keywords -> shortcut -> Picture 2 -> klick on keywords -> shortcut -> ...)

Currently, I have always go back to the picture, than right arrow -> next picture.

In IMatch Help, there is this solution: "Next file (while the Metadata or Keyword Panel has the input focus)" Ctrl+Page Down
But this just jump to the file, which is two rows down. Is there another shortcut, which go to the next file?

Mario

Click into the MD panel or KW panel to make it the active window.
Ctrl+PageDown moves one image at a time.

When you press Ctrl+PageDown while the File Window has the input focus, it will go a page down (how many rows your layout displays per page).
When you click on a Favorite, Windows makes the Favorite panel the active window (there can be only one) and all keyboard messages are sent to the active window by Windows.
There is no "When the Favorite panel is the active window and the user presses the key xyz then do this..." or anything. If this is what you are looking for...

<F9>,<F9> always makes the File Window for the current View active. So F9, F9 and <cursor right> will focus the next image, right?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Menace

Quote from: Mario on January 03, 2022, 08:56:44 PM
<F9>,<F9> always makes the File Window for the current View active. So F9, F9 and <cursor right> will focus the next image, right?

Thank you for your explanation. I will just write a Makro; that will do it.