Is IMatch ready for Win11 ...

Started by sinus, February 23, 2022, 01:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

... or vice versa  ;D

My computer (win 10) does pop up from time to time, I should install Win 11.
Now I wonder, first, is it wise or should I wait longer?

And are there some known problems with IMatch and Win 11?

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Menace

I changed very early. No problems yet.

Tveloso

I was just getting to reference Menace's post on the subject:

https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=11875.0

I've been running Windows 11 for a few weeks, and no problems here either.
--Tony

Mario

I have only one PC (my main developer PC) left running Windows 10. All other systems run Windows 11 Now. Even my TV  :)
I have not encountered any issues and none of the users running Windows 11 did report any problems.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Thanks, guys, for your feedback, very good.
In this case I think, I will Window allow to update on 11.

But first this evening I have to go play football ... and then the first time since several weeks I can go again into a restaurant to drink a beer ... or two.  ;D
Because in Switzerland almost all restrictions because covid were lifted, we can go now without problems into restaurants, shops and so on.

Thanks, have a good day!
Markus

digedag

My motto:
Never change a running system (unless it's really necessary or brings real benefits).

My main computer is Windows 11 compatible, the mobile one is not. So I'm going to take my time ...
Excessively annoying prompts,advertisements etc. are more likely to increase my skepticism than change my mind!

Windows 10 is still supported until 2025.

Bernhard

Mario

But...but...it's so new and shiny...

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

LRAT

I've got iMatch running on both operating systems and there are no problems to report.
However, if you hate bloatware then do not install Windows 11. Nothing has changed compared to Windows 10 but the amount of settings you need to switch off is mind-blowing.
The only thing I like about Windows 11 is the sound it makes when something goes wrong. The "ding" sound is a bit more pleasant to the ear compared to W10.
I've installed W11 as I build a new computer from scratch and I didn't want to end up with installation remnants of W10, but I regret it already.
So, do your research before you update. In my opinion it's not worth it!

Mario

There is no real need to upgrade. I'll keep my main development workstation on Windows 10 for at least a couple of extra months.
I run "Pro" or "Enterprise" versions of Window (I pay for them), which gives me more control over things than you'll get with the free Windows 11 versions.

That being said, most users don't care (or know) much about the operating system they use. Most users think in software they work with. And there is no real difference between W10 and W11.
Whatever comes installed with the PC they buy is it.

I also use Linux on some devices. And, from my standpoint, it's not there yet for normal people.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Tveloso

Quote from: sinus on February 23, 2022, 03:22:58 PM
But first this evening I have to go play football ... and then the first time since several weeks I can go again into a restaurant to drink a beer ... or two.  ;D
Because in Switzerland almost all restrictions because covid were lifted...
That's good to hear...hopefully this is signaling the beginning of the end of this darned pandemic.  I hope you had a good game!...(and a good celebration afterwards!)
--Tony

LRAT

Re. Mario's latest response:
"... it's not there yet for normal people."

Hahaha, I had a good giggle out of that!

sinus

Quote from: Tveloso on February 24, 2022, 03:08:24 AM
Quote from: sinus on February 23, 2022, 03:22:58 PM
Because in Switzerland almost all restrictions because covid were lifted...
That's good to hear...hopefully this is signaling the beginning of the end of this darned pandemic.  I hope you had a good game!...(and a good celebration afterwards!)

Thanks, Tveloso
Yep, I had a good evening, in both areas, sport and celebrations!  ;D
And yes, I hope also, that the pandemic is soon over ...

Hmm, I have to think a bit about this Win 11 - stuff.
Thanks to all for write some thoughts here, it helps me really.
Markus

Darius1968

I upgraded to W11 a few months ago.  And, as far as I can tell, both W10 and W11 are equally transparent in their handling of IMatch. 

Carlo Didier

Quote from: Darius1968 on February 24, 2022, 08:15:43 AM
I upgraded to W11 a few months ago.  And, as far as I can tell, both W10 and W11 are equally transparent in their handling of IMatch.
I can confirm that. Several months now and no issue. I even think that some of the occasionally occuring quirks in iMatch have disappeared with W11.

sinus

Markus