Auto Rescan Delay

Started by Darius1968, March 17, 2022, 02:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

Attached ZIP file is about saving a text file (A Test.txt) to folder:  C:\___BU\2021\00\_Family\Darius\Documents\Government\__Auto\PennDot - Auto Insurance\Registration - Insurance Renewal\2022\. 

It took roughly three min. for IMatch to perform an auto-rescan of the folder, to finally ingest the file.  But, the blue dot by the folder name indicated that IMatch had long since been aware - c/o Windows - that the folder had indeed been modified. 

So, why so long between IMatch having been aware of the event and IMatch finally taking action? 

Mario

When Windows sends "folder modified" messages, IMatch waits for at least 10 seconds after the last Windows message was received.
It may also be busy doing other things at the time, enqueuing the folder (marking it with the blue dot) for later processing.
There is no guaranteed response time or anything, if this is what your post aims at.

Between IMatch recognizing the modified folder and scanning the folder I see a larger number of other folder events being triggered, about every five seconds or so.
Anything running on your system at that time, triggering a constant stream of folder modified messages?

Just made a quick test.
In Windows Explorer, I've copied a test file and an image to a folder indexed by IMatch.
IMatch marked the folder as pending within 2 seconds.
After 10 seconds IMatch rescanned the folder and added the text file and image.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook