Write-Back Fail & Camera Not Seen In FWT

Started by Darius1968, May 01, 2022, 03:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I'm making available a .jpg image file via the .zip attachment, which also contains the results (as a text file) of Metadata Analyst. 

There are two problems (so far) with the image that need resolved: 

1.  No display of the camera in the File Window Tip: 
As can be seen in the screenshot below ("3899900428_78c5d78c4a.png"), File.MD.cameraname has no value, resulting in no display in the File Window Tip of the actual camera used, which is available, via XMP::tiff\Model\Model\0, as shown in the metadata panel->Browser layout. 
So, how can I fix this? 

2. Write-Back Fail:   
The pending write-back of two tags (IPTC::ApplicationRecord\Keywords, XMP::dc\Subject) fails.  So, I've made available the results of Metadata Analyst, with which you (or someone in this forum) can hopefully advise me on how to fix the file.

As always, thanks! 

Mario

1. Select the image, press Shift+Ctrl+F5 > Reload Metadata.
Is the virtual IMatch camera name tag now filled?

2. The Metadata Analyst says:

Error: [Keywords] Flattened hierarchical XMP (embedded) keywords don't match IPTC keywords.
Error: [Keywords] Flattened hierarchical XMP (embedded) keywords don't match XMP keywords.

This is a typical metadata mess created by some application which does not properly synchronize XMP and legacy IPTC keywords.
Often IMatch can resolve that by writing back twice. Add a a keyword in the Keyword Panel, then write back again. If the problem persists, please read this help topic:
Keyword Problems in the Metadata Problems and Pitfalls section of the Metadata for Beginners topic in the help.

In most cases, you'll need to delete the legacy IPTC keywords (in the ECP or the Metadata Mechanic) to allow IMatch to properly synchronize the keywords during write-back.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

Quote from: Mario on May 01, 2022, 10:25:26 AM
1. Select the image, press Shift+Ctrl+F5 > Reload Metadata.
Is the virtual IMatch camera name tag now filled?

No.  That doesn't fix that problem.  So, what's next? 

As for the errors as reported in Metadata Analyst, I'll do some further investigating for the time being, and see how far I get. 

Mario

The image file has no EXIF data. No EXIF make/model, no virtual photools.com camera name can be created.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook