Filter on versions where master bookmarked

Started by stefanjan2, December 30, 2022, 04:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stefanjan2

I select images to upload to an album using e.g. a green pin.

Process those images and export back to subfolder "processed" with suffix #f

Is it possible to filter on those processed #f files for masters with a green pin. Or is the only way to do this to set up propagate version for pins.

Mario

1. Filter Panel: Rating & Labels & Collections Filter
Enable the green pin. Make sure no other option is enabled (use the blue "Reset All" button to be sure).

2. Filter Panel: File Properties Filter.
Enable "Hide Masters" and "Invert filter".

Image1.jpg

This shows all masters with a green pin in the current scope.
If you think you'll need this filter often, save it under a name like "Masters with a green pin". Then you can recall the filter later at any time, alone or in combination with other filters.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

stefanjan2

stefanjan2

Actually having tested that, it does not work. Think you misunderstood my objective.

I would like to display versions of masters with a blue pin without needing to propagate pins to the versions.

Mario

I don't understand what you want to achieve.

You have masters with a blue pin? Or versions?
Versions get their blue pin when the master gets the blue pin (via propagation).

Or do you want to see the versions of masters with a blue pin?
In that case, select the masters (filter for the blue pin and master as shown above, then select all files in the FW) and use the "Show all versions" command from the right-click context menu > Versions or just press <F4>,<S> on your keyboard.

This opens a Result Window for all selected masters and shows their versions.
In this case, the versions of all masters with a blue pin.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

stefanjan2

I want to see versions of masters with  blue pin. Your suggested workflow does the trick. Thanks