Where does the Faces Metadata go?

Started by PierreC, January 18, 2023, 09:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PierreC

Good day to all,
I have bought and installed iMatch Anywhere (IMA) for family (local network)use.
The main use will be for the family to look for pictures based on Metadata :
-dates - All good and clear how to proceed in IMA (timeline, ...)
-locations - All good and clear in IMA also (can even look for the city, the coutry, ...)
-People : that is my question : I can search for a text (the name of the person from Faces) across all the Metadatas, but I did not find the way to specifically look for the name of the person in one specific metadata where the name is stored

I believe that the question goes down to :
-which metadata is used by Imatch to store the Faces information?
-can I search on this specific metadata within IMA?

Help appreciated.

Pierre

Mario

IMatch stores face and person data in the database.
You can search for people in the People View and via the People Filter in the Filter panel.

There is no standardized "People" metadata, except some XMP tags which are filled by IMatch during write-back. XMP only associates a tag with each person. See Working with XMP Face Regions

IMatch Anywhere is mostly aimed at organizations, institutes and small businesses. There is currently no support (or demand) for persons or events in IMatch Anywhere WebViewer.
If there will be demand, I will consider including support for dedicated People and Events navigator panels for a future IMatch Anywhere version.

Note that the Collection "Region|Annotations|People" organizes files by the persons they contain. This collection accessible in the IMatch Anywhere WebViewer Navigator in the Collections Panel.

You can also create a data-driven category based on any of the Persons. Variables to organize your files by the persons they contain in form of a normal category. Or a Family > Person or Group > Person hierarchy, whatever works best for you. These categories will also be available for selecting and searching in the IMatch Anywhere WebViewer in the Categories Panel.

Start with Data-driven Categories Based on Variables and let us know if you need help with this.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

andyk

How do we indicate our interest in getting this feature added to iMatch Anywhere? i'm building a family album and the primary way users will navigate would be through a people filter. It would be awesome if it looked like the iMatch People View. Of course the People Filter would also be extremely valuable. 

On that note, i'm doing genealogy to match birth/death dates and it would be amazing to have some type of family tree connection. Maybe just having blocks to capture parents and children? Future connection to GEDCOM files would be next level.

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook