multi-select issue in main window

Started by timoteo, February 06, 2023, 01:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timoteo

I'm using imatch 2020 and have moved it to a new Windows 11 system. I added a folder to my database and imatch has finished scanning it. When I select the folder in imatch, it displays all the thumbnails in the folder in the main window. I can select individual images but when  I try to multi-select - select two, three, four... images it selects only one image and de-selects the others. I'm doing the multi-select via shift-click (click on one image, hold down  Shift, then select anpther image). This is the usual way to do this in Windows. 

Multi-select works this way in the Windows File Manager, it works in Capture One. This used to work fine on my Windows 10 box, but now I have a new computer, new keyboard, new mouse, etc.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Mario

Quote(click on one image, hold down  Shift, then select anpther image). This is the usual way to do this in Windows. 
This is also how this works in the IMatch File Window. Just tested it, no issues. No reports from other users.

If you are working with a recently scanned folder, maybe IMatch is still busy processing it. Check the status bar (right side) for a progress bar. If IMatch is reloading the File Window due to background changes just in the time you are trying to select something, this may be an explanation.

Or, Maybe just restart IMatch?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

timoteo

I lost track of this issue while fighting with Capture One and have just re-visited imatch again.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing imatch and my computer has been rebooted several times, but this issue persists. multi-select works in Windows File Manager and in Capture One so I don't understand why it no longer works in imatch. Without multi-select, I can't select groups of files and add keywords or edit metadata, making imatch not very helpful to me. I can't even stack files (jpg on top of raw). This used to work on imatch under Windows 10 but now that I'm on Windows 11 it's a problem.  I am using an older version of imatch (2020, I think). Any suggestions anyone?

Mario

IMatch 2020 is out of support for several years.

I have no IMatch 2020 version anymore, but in 2020 Windows 11 was around and AFAIK no user ever reported an issue.
The selection mechanism in the File Window does not use Windows version-specific code or something.

There are still a large number of users out there with IMatch 2020 (I've sent out emails over the past 3 weeks to inform these users that their upgrade discount will be voided when IMatch 2023 is released (not too long now).

There are no other open tickets related to your problem and no emails. So I assume this is something very specific to your computer, pointing device or other software you run, perhaps. No idea, really.

Holding down <Ctrl> and left-clicking thumbnail panels in the File Window will add them to the selection.
Left-clicking a thumbnail panel to set the anchor and then <Shift>+clicking another thumbnail panel will select these two panels and all panels in-between.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook