Face annotations do not work in a useful way

Started by Vioh, November 14, 2013, 01:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vioh

Maybe I do not know how to work with the Face annotation but I have found it to work like this

1. Click the face Icon and then a small annotation show in the picture and then you have to move and rezise it.
It should have been much better if annotation show up first after that you have marked the face. (as in Picasa)

3. Right click in the annotation and choose "Add to Gallery". "hen You get the possibilty to write the persons name. The name however do not show up in the picture??? Se the attached snapshot.
For Face annotation you should get possibility to write the name automatically. (as in Picasa)

4. Under the user tab there show up empty icons and the name of the person is shown with mouse over.
This is not useful. Instead of the icons there must be a list of the persons name in alfabetic order and if there is an icon it should be with one of the marked faces. (as in Picasa).

5 To get the persons name in the annotation in the picture you have to remove it and and click the created icon under user and postion it.
This is not acceptabel. The name shall of course show up in the picture directly.

I hope I have missed something. If so please tell me how to work with face annotations.

Viktor

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

The Face annotation type is just a preliminary step. I'll wanted to wait until the big vendors could decide on if, how, and where they store face annotations in the XMP metadata record before I invest more time.

Already IMatch can do a lot once you have placed face annotations on an image, including automatic management in dedicated collections.

I'll move your bug report into the feature request board. I think it fits better there.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook