Location moves when panning the map - sometimes. Operator error?

Started by PandDLong, April 12, 2023, 09:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PandDLong

I have a number of Locations and use reverse geo-coding and the map panel quite a bit.  I have the map panel unlocked as I frequently drag a file's marker on the map.  I also have 'Show Locations' and 'Auto-Center to Focused File' enabled.

Sometimes - rarely - a Location will move on the map when I am panning the map.  I notice that the Location is attempting to remain centered in the map panel - it is acting as if the Location itself is the focused file.   I have found the only way to stop the behavior is to close the map panel and re-open or - in some cases - I need to close iMatch and restart.

When I first started using iMatch and this happened - I assumed operator error and I created a document with the GPS co-ordinates of my Locations so I can restore the now-moved Location back to its original spot.

As a more experienced user, I tried a few different ways to stop this behavior when it happened recently and couldn't figure it out (other than restarting iMatch).

Anyone else have this experience? 

Michael

Mario

Which map provider do you use?
Does the location only move on the map or are the coordinates actually changed?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

PandDLong

I use google for maps.

Yes, the co-ordinates for the location are changed.  (I go back in manually change them back as a I have a side ledge of the original co-ordinates).

Michael

Mario

I could not reproduce this so far. And there are no reports from other users.
Do you use a mouse, trackpad...?
Do you have many locations?
Do you click nearby locations when you pan the map?
Any details matter.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

PandDLong

I have a mouse.

I never have more than one location in the map panel at a time (they aren't that close together).

I will pay more attention and take notes the next time it happens.

We can park this for the moment.

Michael