Viewer: ENTER to open viewer should also bring Viewer window to the top

Started by ubacher, November 16, 2013, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

At the moment only Shift-ENTER will bring the (open) viewer window to the top.
I see no reason while plain ENTER should not also bring the viewer window to the top
(at least if it is hidden)

Background:
I have double click set to open the viewer - and if the viewer is already open but not visible (underneath) this will not work
causing temporary confusion.

An alternative would be to allow double-click to be set to open the viewer like SHIFT-ENTER.

Sorted

By coincidence I was going to raise a similar point. If an image/series of images is/are open in the viewer and one returns to the File view window, double clicking an image will not bring the Viewer to the fore which, I feel, it should. My first reaction is that something has gone wrong; that the Viewer is not working. It would be very useful if double clicking a thumbnail in the File window would bring the Viewer to the fore.

JohnZeman

I haven't seen it in the newer builds but quite often in some of the older ones I had a problem where the full screen viewer would open in the background.

Have you tried enabling the Display Options > Keep on top setting for the viewer?

Mario

If the Double-click action is associated with opening the viewer, the viewer will no be brought into the foreground. Build 126.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook