Design & Print "freehand"

Started by novaca, June 08, 2023, 03:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novaca

In Container Properties, it is possible to select "Positioning/Positioning Freely" and then move the container freely around the page with the mouse and change its size. Is something like this possible for its content as well? That is, having a fixed container and freely changing the size and position of the inserted image (which would then be cropped according to the container) with the mouse. Probably something like "Fit Mode/Manual"...

sinus

I am not sure, if I understand fully.
At least you can play with the offset. There you have Left and Top.

You can enter also numbers with a minus.

This places your image out of the container, you can say, the image will be cutted.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

novaca

Quote from: sinus on June 08, 2023, 03:46:58 PMAt least you can play with the offset. There you have Left and Top.
Yes, but it often takes me a long time to find the right combination of scale and offset. If it could be done "visually" and not by entering specific values, it would be much more intuitive and faster.

Mario

This is not currently possible.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

It depends also on the typ of layout, what you are working on.

If it is a "simple" layout, you could create one or more rectangle-container, simply filled with the background.
With them you could easier "cut" an image with moving such containers before the image.

The result would be cutted images, because parts hidden with a container with the same color as the background. 

I do this sometimes, because it is easy to use.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus