I'm finally in the modern IMatch-23 era too

Started by sinus, July 24, 2023, 10:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Now I am also on IMatch-2023.  :) Yeah, yesterday, Sunday, I had finally the time to do the update relaxed, no clients phone and so on  ;D

All went fine. 
First I did the step-by-step-help from the help-system. Update the DB on the new system took quite long, roughly about 20 minutes, compared to earlier updates. But I have in the mean time 375'000 files, that is quite a sum, I think. 

The next step will be, that I carefully read all release-notes. 
And what I will check for sure, is the new-date-stuff. 
IMatch has created 30'000 files under the category with "'Last Modified' fallback" and I have to understand, what this is all about. And for that I will read the help forward and backward.  ;D

Thanks, Mario, for a great DAM and specially thanks for the random-variable, I have already check it inside D&P and it works very good.   :)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Jingo

Mario

QuoteIMatch has created 30'000 files under the category with "'Last Modified' fallback" and I have to understand, what this is all about. And for that I will read the help forward and backward. 
These files have no usable metadata timestamp and IMatch had to fall back to use the "last modified" file system timestamp.
Unless you have disabled it, these files should be marked as pending write-back because IMatch has filled in the create date and date subject created and when you write-back, these time stamps are written to the XMP data.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

My update is also pending.
I'll do it in the next few days!
Aubrey