Data Driven Category>Category Filter (Idiosyncrasies?)

Started by Darius1968, September 20, 2023, 06:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I'm trying to set the scope of files for consideration in my data driven category with this expression in its Category Filter

@All|^00_Private Keywords$|^WHAT$|^Interests$|^_Food & Wine$|^_ASSIGNMENTS$|^Merlot$|^___Friends$|^_John Doe \(Just Galleries\)$

It's not accepting \(Just Galleries\) .  So, what is wrong with my argument, and how do I fix it?  Thanks. 

Mario

How should be be able to help?
We don't know your category names, we don't know what "accepting" means for you. Error message? Unexpected result?
Explosion?

Use the RegExp tester app provided by IMatch to test and validate your expression.
For example, use your regexp and then copy & paste a category path into the App. Do you get a match? If not, change your regexp.

Tip: Select the category in the Category View and press Ctrl+C. This copies the path as text into the Windows clipboard.

Use the Regular Expressions help topic for more information and pointers to online resources for regular expressions.
I never use as complex regular expression as you do, so I believe you know a lot more about regular expressions that I do.

Remember that | has a special meaning in regular expressions and how IMatch interprets it for categories, when you use @All or not. See @Category[]
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook