Extended Database Open Times (Since IMatch 2023.3.6)

Started by Darius1968, October 22, 2023, 02:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

Lately, since the latest IMatch release (IMatch 2023.3.6), I've been experiencing longer times for my database to open.  Before, my database would have been opened, with the files rendered in the file window in no more than 14 sec.  Now, it can take up to around 30 sec.!  And, I'm wondering what has changed to be causing this? 

I've attached two log files in debug logging mode: 

Generally, opening of my database with Categories active has always taken longer, but now, I'm trying to find the reason for the extended wait times for my database to render? 

ubacher

I find that closing Imatch takes much longer now! (We had this once before.)
Just today, when I got the reminder to run P&G it took 14 seconds before the P&G window opens.

Other times I notice that after I closed Imatch, then remembered that I forgot something and I try to
open Imatch again - it gives me the message that Imatch is still open. After waiting I can then open it.

Darius1968

For me, there isn't much (if any) change in the time to close either IMatch or my database. 

Mario

There are a many, many possible reasons for that.
Please provide a log file in debug logging mode (see log file) so we can see what IMatch was doing at the time and what took how long. This gives us a minimum of data to work with.

Startup / Shut-down in the 10 seconds range is totally normal for a 100-200K database running on a notebook. On a workstation or gaming notebook, the same process takes maybe 5 seconds.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

Mario-I've already provided two log files (debug logging mode) in my very first post to this thread.  One is the time it takes to open the database into the Media & Folders tab, the other log file is how long the database takes to open into the Categories tab. 

Mario

Nothing unusual in these log files. The Open-Media-Folders also shows IMatch ingesting and processing video files in the background. The category log file only logs the "database load" operations as slow, which is normal. Nothing particular standing out. No slow cats. Building the View takes slightly longer than I would estimate, but that totally depends on the number of panels you have open and which. Some panels may take a few seconds to initialize.

The database has 360,000 files, ~4800 folders and 15,000 categories. This is a mid-sized database. Many image agencies handle far less images.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

I've actually - in an attempt to speed things up a bit - tried to close all panels, which doesn't seem to do anything - nothing speeds up/nothing slows down.