[2023.4.6] After Rescan deleted folders and files are still visible

Started by Rene Toepfer, December 02, 2023, 08:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rene Toepfer

Since latest version I have the issue that with RESCAN outside of Imatch deleted files and folders will not be removed  from database anymore. I still see the thumbnails and folders in file windows and folder tree. Even a forced update does not remove these entries.

hluxem

Are the files shown as offline? Please check if the preferences somehow changed? Under preferences indexing "Remove non existing files from database" needs to be checked. See attached screenshot.

Heiner

Mario

IMatch only removes non-existing files when you manually rescan the folder!
This is a safety feature. It prevents IMatch from removing files or folders and all associated data if you have moved or renamed folders and files outside of IMatch. Which you should of course never do!
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Rene Toepfer

Quote from: hluxem on December 02, 2023, 09:35:05 PMAre the files shown as offline? Please check if the preferences somehow changed? Under preferences indexing "Remove non existing files from database" needs to be checked. See attached screenshot.

Heiner
The setting "Remove non-existing..." is checked. Imatch claims them as offline, but they are not existing anymore because they were deleted.

In prior versions it was not an issue with Imatch. The tree/database were updated and the non-existing folders and folders removed off the database.

Rene Toepfer

Quote from: Mario on December 02, 2023, 10:49:59 PMIMatch only removes non-existing files when you manually rescan the folder!
That's OK and it is the way I work. Right mouse click to the folder and click on "Rescan" (CTRL+RESCAN for more options and forced update).

Mario

QuoteImatch claims them as offline, but they are not existing anymore because they were deleted.
That's what offline means. IMatch cannot find the folders and files in the file system anymore.

QuoteIn prior versions it was not an issue with Imatch. The tree/database were updated and the non-existing folders and folders removed off the database.
This only applies when IMatch rescans a folder because it receives events from Windows about changes or the user triggers a rescan manually.

There was no change on how IMatch behaves in this area for a very long time, according to the version control system, as far as I can tell.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Rene Toepfer

In the past Imatch removed non-existing files if the rescan was started manually. In this case it does not work. 
I am not talking about an automated scan or removal.