using keywords

Started by timoteo, December 11, 2023, 08:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timoteo

most of my photos have previously been processed in Capture One (C1) and have been assigned keywords. For example, I have a hierarchal keyword Texas|Austin|ut. When I'm in the Keyword panel, I don't see any way to search all of my keywords. I can choose from the four imatch sets - Recent, Top 50, Favorites, and Suggestions. If I type "ut" in the Keyword search field, it matches nothing in any of these four imatch sets. I am not finding a way to search through all the keywords ever assigned to any photo in this folder. 

I'm used to C1 which lets me just type "ut" in its keyword search field and it finds "Texas|UT|Austin", I click on that match, and that keyword is added to the keywords on my photo. This works with any keyword ever assigned to any photo in any folder. 

I saw something about a thesaurus related to keywords but it was a long help section and my eyes kind of glazed over trying to fathom how it all workds at 1:30am.

How do I type in a partial keyword in the imatch Keyword panel and have it search all keywords and return all matches so I can select one and add it to my photo keywords?

Mario

There are many ways in IMatch to search for keywords. But if you search in the Keywords Panel, you are searching your thesaurus, not keywords assigned to your files.

1. Use the search bar at the top of the File Window. See Finding Files: The Search Bar
This allows you to search for all metadata, including keywords and Attributes. The search bar searches whatever you bring into the File Window (folder, category, event) (Where to Search: Scope or Database) and you can also search the entire database (Database-wide Search).

2. Use the @Keywords Category in the Category View.
This category automatically organizes your files based on their keywords.
For your example, just expand @Keywords|Texas|Austin to see the "ut" child category. Click on the "ut" category to see all files with that keyword. You can also search for categories in that View or filter by category name.
The help topic I've linked to explains all the other features of @Keywords.

3. Use the Filter Panel and the Categories Filter to search for @Keywords.
Or use a value filter for the hierarchcialSubject tag to see all keywords used for the files in the File Window and to filter for one or more keywords.

4. Use the Categories Panel which also has a search function
to search for @Keywords or other categories and then filter File Window contents for one or more @Keywords or other categories.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook