Favorites Properties Not Visible

Started by afengler, December 11, 2023, 11:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afengler

Started trying to reorganize my favorites and remove some invalid ones.
Right-clicking on any of the favorites in the Favorites Panel results in a thin yellow frame indicating the selection but no Properties Panel being displayed.
Debug mode log file is attached.

Alf
IMatch 2023.4.6

Mario

There is no properties panel in the Favorites Panel?
Right-click a Favorite and choose "Properties" from the context menu. Does that work?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

afengler

As mentioned, right-clicking on a favorite does not bring up the context menu. Screenshot attached. I right-clicked on 'ON1 Photo RAW 2024' under 'Applications' but only the thin yellow line appears. There also is a thin black vertical and horizontal line visible. Screenshot attached.

I wonder whether my display setup plays a role here.
Main monitor is 3840x2160 (scale 150%) with File Window
Second monitor is 2560x1600 (scale 150%) with Favorites Panel

Mario

Try to move the Favorites Panel to the main monitor (where the IMatch application window resizes). Or close and re-open the Panel. Any change?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

afengler

Moving the Favorites Panel to the main monitor solved the problem. Thanks Mario!

Mario

Quote from: afengler on December 12, 2023, 06:47:23 PMMoving the Favorites Panel to the main monitor solved the problem. Thanks Mario!
But that's not really the solution.

I've tried many things before and tried some more today.
And I finally could reproduce it by changing the DPI settings (scale) on the second monitor while the Fav Panel was open. Suddenly the menu position was off! But the menu also looked strangely "bug" with larger fonts than normal. I've moved the Quick Preview Panel over to the second monitor and the context menu worked just fine and was using the normal font size....

Eh...

Then I've thought, maybe the 3rd party UI toolkit is saving something in the workspace that breaks when the DPI changes.
But closing IMatch and re-opening it did change nothing. The menu for the Fav Panel was still positioned wrong.
I've looked at the code that reacts on the right-click or context menu key and it looked the same for working and non-working panels.

Then I've applied a gimmick to trick the UI toolkit to calculate the mouse position in a different way, and suddenly it worked!
I can change DPI between 100% and 250% and the menu is now always positioned correctly.

Sigh. As soon as I've replaced their toolbars with my ribbons, I will look into replacing their menus with my menus. Phasing out the 3rd party U I toolkit bit by bit. I have a lot more trust in my own code.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator