Show video image in Design & Print

Started by BanjoTom, January 27, 2024, 12:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanjoTom

I'm trying to create a PDF with Design & Print showing all files associated with a single person, identified by category.  It's working well, BUT the few files that are actually videos (usually .mp4) do not show in the resulting Design&Print views. I had hoped that the first frame of the video would print as a still image, but instead I only see a blank in the container.  What am I doing wrong, or how can I fix this?
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Mario

This usually just works. IMatch uses the cache image it has created for the video.
I've just tried and dropped two video files into a D&P template. The selected frame (the one you have chosen in the File Window) shows in the D&P Designer, the preview and when I do a print to pdf, it also shows in the resulting PDF.

When you look at the video in the File Window, does it show a thumb?
What happens if you use Shift+Ctrl+PageUp to switch to another frame?
When you open the video in the Viewer, do you see an image?

I've made a test and switched one of the videos I've used in D&P to another frame. After removing it from my template and adding it again, D&P shows the new frame as well.

Image1.jpg

Two videos in D&P.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

BanjoTom

When I UNchecked the file container in D&P that says "Don't use the cache image" the first frame of each video does show up in the D&P print preview.  That will solve the immediate problem for me...

Perhaps the videos in D&P have cache images that were not created or don't exist.  Can I force creation of cache images? 

I just saw in the Imatch Help that I can create or recreate cache files for the videos I'm trying to use in a D&P-created PDF.  I'll give that a try...
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Mario

Don't use cache image is off by default. You enable it to force D&P to use the original image when printing.
For videos, there is no original image. All that IMatch has is the cache image it created from the video.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook