People Tab Inclusions

Started by StanRohrer, April 05, 2024, 09:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StanRohrer

I don't work with the face tools very much and still learning.

In my People tab, People group, I have only three people listed. I have dozens of people identified in photos in my database. (Photos of 16 people are entered that I'm working with today). I think the People tab should show me all identified people - but I only see three. Should I see all people? Is there some setting that is limiting my list? Do I have some sort of database corruption that is limiting my list of people?

The Filter Panel has People unchecked. Looking at the people identified in that disabled filter and I see about 43 people listed. Curiously, of the three People tab People, Daniel and Danielle are not found in the Filter listing.

Do I not understand how this is supposed to work? Is there a diagnostic to check all the people in the database? Did I miss some database update needed manually run after some iM software update? Help!?

iM v2023.7.2

thrinn

Usually there is a Search field at the top of the People tab that can be used to filter the list of persons that is displayed (similar to the search bar of the File Window). I don't see it in you screenshot, mabye the People tab is too narrow to show it? Please check if you entered something like "Daniel" - because it is strange that you only see Daniel-ish persons.

2024-04-05 22_02_40-IM2020 Pictures.imd5.jpg

You mention that your IMatch version is still 2023.7.2. The current version is 2023.8.6, so you are 3 updates behind. There were a lot of fixes and changes, therefore you might want to update first. I am not aware of change which matches specifically your issue, but still I would try to use the most current version.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

This would be my first guess, too.

The app and ribbon tries to adapt by shrinking widths etc.
But when the user makes the side panel too narrow, there is little it can do.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

StanRohrer

Thanks Thrin!
Bingo! My People panel was small enough that the search box wasn't visible. It did not wrap to be visible (don't know if it is supposed to). I widened the panel. It had "Dani" in it as default. Clearing the search pattern fixed my problem. Thanks for the support.

Mario

The People View (and Event View, and Dashboard and ...) are apps. The UI components I use are responsive, adapting to screen size. But too small is too small and there is no wrapping implemented for the toolbars.
It requires less than 500 pixels to show at least a bit of the search box, so I've figured that coming up with some wrapping code or code that moves controls into a separate hamburger menu when the user makes the panel very narrow was not needed.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook