Protected Files: Filter option reversed?

Started by Jingo, May 03, 2024, 09:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Hi - just started using the protected file feature for a project.  I noticed that using the filter to show/hide protected files appears "reversed" (or at least different than I believe)... 

My steps:
  • Select 3 files and Protect them via the Shift-Alt-P shortcut.  The files show in the File Window but they are blurred.. nice!
  • Choose the filter panel (or Quick filter) and choose Do Not Show Protected Files.

I thought this would remove the 3 files from the File Window leaving the rest however, it instead just shows the 3 blurred files.  I verified the "Invert" icon is not checked (the funnel is facing "up" and other filters such as Hide Rejected Files is working)...

Thoughts?

GqpJ8kYVz5.png

Mario

This is not a standard stored filter included in IMatch, I believe, but a stored filter you have created.
Show us which settings it uses.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

Whoops!  Sorry about that... did I mention I had not use Protected Files in a VERY long time?  Looks like I did indeed create this filter and either named it backwards or didn't include the invert flag.  I set the invert flag in the filter and now all works as "intended". 

+1 to learning something new too - I now know that you can click the Funnel Icon in the File Window header to turn off the  active filter... lol.. somehow, I never knew that and always used the filter panel (or recently - the quick filter toolbar)!

I did just notice something (which I like but not sure if it is as you intended or not)... when you use the quick filter bar, the file window does not show the blue header to indicate an active filter is running (like it does with the filter panel). 

I like this because I generally have filters on all the time (ie: hide rejected files while culling) - but - should the header bar show the same blue color regardless which method is used to filter?  I can create a new thread if this is indeed an issue.

Mario

Quotewhen you use the quick filter bar, the file window does not show the blue header to indicate an active filter is running
I did not think this to be necessary. We have different caption variations for an an active filter panel, or an active search bar. Maybe I should add another caption variant in case the user users the Quick Filter but does not notice it?
Which caption variant to choose when both the Quick Filter and Search Bar are in use? Two icons? Not sure...

Feel free to add a feature request. It's currently inconsistent at least.

I've added this and now an enabled QuickFilter also changes the FW caption. More consistent that way:

Image1.jpg
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

Confirmed the quick filter bar shows the color change when the filter is active.  Thx!