Oh No: how do I undo accidentally deleting a System Favorite Set?

Started by MrPete, August 26, 2024, 10:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPete

How I got here:
  • Opened Application Favorites tab for the first time
  • It contained some Applications we no longer use (eg PhotoShop)
  • The only "delete" function I could find was "Delete Favorite Set". Not knowing at that point what that is, I selected the Favorite and clicked on Delete. (Right click did NOT include delete, although it does for the fave apps I've added.)
  • The entire Applications tab went away
  • (Now I've read more, and realize that function is for the tabs)

My questions:
  • How do I create a new System Favorites Set for Applications?
  • Is there a way to remove favorites that were created for me on startup?
  • Should it be this easy to remove a System favorites set? ;)

Suggestion: perhaps call them Favorites Tabs? That would link the groupings and checkboxes to the UI functionality...

thrinn

Quote from: MrPete on August 26, 2024, 10:23:01 PMMy questions:
  • How do I create a new System Favorites Set for Applications?
  • Is there a way to remove favorites that were created for me on startup?
  • Should it be this easy to remove a System favorites set? ;)
I am not aware of a "special" System Favorites Set for Applications. The only "System" ones are the history sets for most recently used folders and categories (which can not be deleted).
To answer your first question: Just create a new Favorite Set and call it "Applications". ;)
To remove a favorite, normally a right-click -> Delete Favorite should suffice. Nothing special here for application shortcuts or some defaults created by IMatch.
To answer your third question: It is not :)
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

@thrinn is correct.
See System Favorite Sets in the Favorites help topic for additional information.

To get new users started, IMatch adds an "Application" favorite set and adds some applications when Windows returns suitable information for common image formats. This set can later be modified or discarded by the user. As you just did. No harm done. Add your own set and add applications you need to it:

Applications Favorites
Applications Installed from the Microsoft Store
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

MrPete

Quote from: Mario on August 27, 2024, 09:38:21 AMTo get new users started, IMatch adds an "Application" favorite set and adds some applications when Windows returns suitable information for common image formats. 
Any idea why these auto-added application favorites were missing the Delete function (right click menu)?

I didn't want to remove the whole tab, just one of the auto faves ;)

Mario

These are normal favorites and can be deleted.

Image2.jpg

The only non-deletable favorites are the ones in the "Folder History" and "Category History" sets.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

MrPete

Hmmm... mine didn't have that. I'll have to install a fresh copy to test it... when I have a few more round tuits :0