DXO dop buddy files / stacking

Started by wachdam, December 30, 2013, 02:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wachdam

Hello,

I am trying to have .dop files created by DXO raw processor being part of the stack of the raw+jpeg file .

I created an new auxiliary file format for the .dop format and modified the file relation of the raw format to include .cr2.dop as buddy file

When moving a raw image, I see the dop file follow so it is well reconized as a buddy file .

But when I try to auto stack the folder, the dop remains apart from the raw+jpeg stack .

Is there a parmaeter that I miss to include the dop in the stack, or alternatively is there a way that .dop do not show in the file browser by default ?

Best Pierre

Mario

Auto-stacking works by several attributes. Which one do you use?
I don't think that the .dop files have any usable metadata or something that could be used for auto-stacking?

For your specific purpose we would probably need Auto-stacking based on some sort of file mask. For this, please add a feature request.

Maybe this will work: did you consider making the DPO files a version and using a version stack?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

wachdam

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your feedback again;

As the goal is to move automatically  together the.dop file with the raw+jpeg, my understanding is that I need to define the dop as buddy file and not a version file ? I assume that one cannot define a file as both buddy and version file without some potential issue ?

I use auto stack based on exif with time =0 sec for raw+jpeg stacking .
I tried xmp doc id .

ps the dop file does not show on the Categories view, only on the Media+Folders view .

I append a zip with a .dop file if you'd liek to check its content.

As I understand, the only link between the two files is the file name to which dxo appends a .dop extension ( -> file xyz.cr2.dop )

Best Pierre

[attachment deleted by admin]

herman

Hi Pierre,

As a fellow DxO user this is my view.....

The blabla.ext.dop file is a sidecar for DxO.
It contains the processing parameters.
As such you may want to treat is as a buddy file.
You see it in your file window because you have defined a .dop file format.
There is no need to stack buddy files, IMatch keeps track of these files automatically.
So, if you have no need to see the .dop files in your file window you might as well remove the auxilliary definition for the .dop files. Tat way they don't show in your file window and IMatch keeps track of the rest (provided you have a proper buddy file definition for the .dop sidecars).

Hope this helps,

Enjoy!

Herman.

wachdam

Hi Herman,

many thanks for your feedback.
Will try this now.

I thought that it was compulsory to define a new file type within IMATCH prior to define a relationship for a file type "unknown " to IMATCH

Best and thanks again to fellow DXO user ...

Pierre

herman

Hi Pierre,

For what it is worth: the attached screenshot shows the buddy file definition I use for the .dop sidecars.
DNG is part of the master expression because my current camera emits raw files in the DNG format.

Hope this helps,

[attachment deleted by admin]
Enjoy!

Herman.

ColinIM

Thank you from me too Herman!  (I'm another DxO user.)

Real-life examples such as this one help boost my confidence as I adapt my old IMatch 3 workflow to take the fullest advantage of IMatch 5's incredible versatility.

Colin P.

herman

@Colin
You are welcome, glad I can help!

@Pierre
I once had a need to have the .dop sidecars visible in the file window.
The reason for this was that, as I may have been sloppy with buddy files in IM3, there might be orphaned buddies hanging around.
So, in order to find orphaned buddy files, in IM5 I temporarily defined the blabla.ext.dop files as a file format to be imported by IMatch.
As you have seen this causes them to show in the file window, where you can check if every .dop file has a master file.
Apart from this one-time screening I had no use of having the .dop sidecars in the file window.

Hope this helps,
Enjoy!

Herman.

Mario

Quote from: ColinIM on December 30, 2013, 07:20:26 PM
(...)Real-life examples such as this one help boost my confidence as I adapt my old IMatch 3 workflow to take the fullest advantage of IMatch 5's incredible versatility.

Agreed. That's why I created this group a while ago. If users share their workflows, file relations for specific application suites / image formats etc. in that group, everybody will find something useful.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

wachdam

Hi Herman,

many thanks for your help and suggestion which does the job perfectly .

All the best to You for 2014 and happy dxo-ing

Pierre W