Lengthen the window size of Categories in the Filters Panel (See Attachment)

Started by kiwilink, December 31, 2013, 08:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwilink

I am trying to "Find all images of Diane and Stephanie in Daytona on the Beach".  I have the keywords "Diane, Stephanie, Daytona, Beach" assigned to those images.  I opened up the filters panel and I went to "Categories" and clicked on "Keywords" so that I could see all the keywords and click on "Diane, Stephanie, Daytona, and Beach". 

I cannot find a way to make this categories window within the Filter longer (see attachment where I drew an arrow of what I am trying to do".  If I can pull this window down then I can see more of the keywords (since there are hundreds I must scroll up and down using the slider).  If you look to the right you can see that they Keywords panel has a very large window to see a very long list of Keywords.  I tried to stretch this and make it longer and couldn't find a way to do this.

If this is not possible let me know.  Maybe I am not using the right process to search for images using multiple keywords.  I like being able to put a checkmark on the keywords I am searching for. 

I just want to make sure I'm using IMATCH 5 the right way.  If there is a way for me to stretch these areas within the panel I have highlighted in my attachment let me know.

Thanks!

mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

The size of the category tree in the Category Filter is fixed.

Alternatives:

1. To see all files with a certain keyword, or the same combination of keywords as the current file, use the context menu in the Keyword Panel.

2. If all you want to achieve is to see all files with a certain combination of keywords, do it in the Category View:

Just <Ctrl>+click the keywords you are interested in under the special @Keywords category. IMatch shows the OR'ed combination of all files in the selected categories in the file window.

Or, drag the keyword categories to the Category Builder to combine then via OR, AND or NOT. Search the help for Builder for more info.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

Mario:

Thanks for the reply.  Can you guide me a little more?  I went into the help menu to look up context menu.  According to the help menu (attachment 1) if I go to the Keywords panel and right click I should see "find combination"  but I see what is in attachment 2 (just find). 

Since I'm interested in "Find all images of Diane and Stephanie in Daytona on the Beach" , where should I be clicking (see my attachment 3).  I am assuming I CANNOT put an X in each of the categories I'm searching for because this would be assigning categories to the image in Media and Folders.  When I go to the "Recent/Top 50/Favorites/Suggestions" and right click it doesn't appear that I can do a selection of multiple keywords which would be "this AND this AND this"

Thanks Mario ...

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

kiwilink

Mario:

I looked at a previous version and I think the find combination is missing (see my previous post).  I did just read your response to SirFreeJack and it worked nicely.

Thanks!

Mike